Breastfeeding has countless benefits. Breastmilk is the best medicine that a mother provides to an infant.
Breastfeeding builds the immunity of an infant.It also helps the mother.It is not easy for a mother to overcome postpartum depression. Breast feeding helps the mother to fight against postpartum depression.
10 amazing facts about Breastfeeding
1) Breastfeeding should begin within one hour of birth.
2) WHO recommends exclusive breastfeeding for the first six months of life.
3) A few drops of breastmilk can also soothe a newborn’s diaper rash or sore throat, treat acne, and help alleviate eye and ear infections.
4) Breastfeeding reduces risks of breast and ovarian cancer, type II diabetes, and postpartum depression.
5) Adolescents and adults who were breastfed as babies are less likely to be overweight or obese.
6) They are less likely to have type-II diabetes and perform better in intelligence tests.
7) Studies have shown that baby boys drink more breastmilk per day, on average, than girls.
8) Breastmilk tastes like cow’s milk.
9) Breastmilk contians antibodies that help protect infants from common childhood illnesses.
10) Cup size has nothing to do with your milk storage capacity. Hormones are what trigger your mammary glands to secrete milk.